Tom Anelli & Associates is currently looking for Associate Attorneys to join the team. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and benefits include, but are not limited to health, dental, vision, and 401k.
If you’re an attorney who wants to defend the rights of individuals in the excitement of a courtroom setting, this may be the firm for you. If you enjoy working inside a criminal courtroom but do not want to work with or defend sex offenders, drug dealers or rapists, then working with Tom Anelli & Associates, may interest you.
At Tom Anelli & Associates, we represent good people charged criminally (with DWIs). Some of the clients we help have alcohol addiction issues and in those cases, we use their hard work in handling their alcohol dependency issues to get them better results. For those who have made a mistake, we help to ensure they get the best possible offer without allowing their charge to derail their otherwise successful lives.
Our work is redeeming good work, done for good people who have made an error in judgment or who struggle with alcohol dependency. In either event, we help them by coming beside them at a very difficult time in their lives and helping them find their way in a criminal justice system that can chew up and spit out those who are unfamiliar and not properly represented. So, suppose you’d like to work within the excitement of the criminal courthouse system in an area of the law filled with exciting science (forensic toxicology, pharmacology, and accident reconstruction). In that case, this may be the job for you.
Working with us, you will learn how to act fast and come to the service of those you represent in an area of the law where we focus and have gained decades of experience, which will be shared with you to assist your clients better. At Tom Anelli & Associates, we see the good in our clients and work as a team to do everything we can to help them get the best possible results under the unique circumstances of their case.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate regularly with clients, prosecutors, judges, and other parties involved in the legal process.
- Represent clients in court, arguing their case and advocating for their rights and interests.
- Negotiate plea bargains and other agreements to secure favorable outcomes for your clients.
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence to support your clients’ defense.
- Conduct thorough legal research and analysis to build a strong defense strategy for your clients.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A Juris Doctorate degree and a valid license to practice law in New York State
- Proven experience as a criminal attorney, with a track record of delivering positive outcomes for clients.
- Excellent legal research and analytical skills
- Strong communication and advocacy skills, with the ability to represent clients effectively in court.
- The ability to work collaboratively with clients, teammates and the District Attorney’s Offices.
- A commitment to upholding ethical guidelines and standards in your practice.
- We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a supportive and collaborative work environment. If you are passionate about defending the rights of individuals and entities accused of criminal offenses and are looking for a challenging and rewarding legal career
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Standing at length.
Please send an email to email@example.com with a cover page of your background, resume and contact information.